Monday, March 5, 2012

Ma'am Can I See Your I.D.?

So, now the man is sick...GREAT WONDERFUL FANTASTIC!

I swear if we all have a healthy day I am going to throw a party. 

Anyway....picking up some Sniffing, Sneezing, Aching, Coughing, How The Hell Did I End Up On My Kitchen Floor meds (I am a rock star when it comes to adult meds!).  I also pick up some more cough syrup for the kids and go to the self-check out counter.

 Zip, Zip, Zap, run my Rewards Card through, and the machine freaks!  Red lights go off, the display says an Attendant Is Needed.  Really?  Come On...this should have taken me a minute....

The "Attendant" comes over, inserts her "magical override card" pauses, looks at me and asks
"Can I see your id?" 

I peak into my bag, did I subconsciously scan a 5th of Jack and put it in my bag? Nope --too bad, cause now I am thinking about it.

"Sure," I reply somewhat confused "Can I ask why?"

"Oh sure hon, the combination of what you bought makes it a controlled substance and is regulated by the FDA and you have to be over 18 to buy it"

"NO WAY!" replying with a bit too much  enthusiasm "can I make meth with this or something?" again said a little to happily for her tastes

She arches her brow, sniffs and says, "Well hon, I'm sure I don't know.  Have a good day"

I walk out, swinging my purchase thinking, somewhere, under a corn field in an underground bunker  computer lab I am now being labeled a "cook" and have been added to a watch list.

COOL!!!!

Hey, I gotta get my kicks somewhere right?

No comments:

Post a Comment