Friday, March 2, 2012

Drowsiness May Occur...

Well the 5 year old was having so much fun being sick, the 7 year old wanted in on the action. Night after night, horrible coughing and  no sleep --for anyone.  Contemplating starting her on the 5 year olds anti-biotics or Nyquil --hey we all need sleep! I had visions of bronchitis, pneumonia or something horrible being the culprit. 

Her diagnosis...allergies.  Are you freaking kidding me...ALLERGIES? NO WAY NO HOW!   Doc, can you give me your personal phone number so when I am up at 3am with a 7 year old waif hacking away, and spitting out smurfs the size of Katy Perry I can "consult" with you that this is INDEED allergies?

I was hoping for a miracle potion a la Harry Potter, "give her this and she will sleep soundly all night through and wake up feeling refreshed and completely cured!" No such luck, she prescribed some plain old nose spray and some MORE over the counter allergy stuff, that of course we didn't already have -- Thank god Grandma picked up the prescription and researched the allergy stuff for me, I knew exactly what to get!  HUZAHH,  I am ahead of the game this time!

I walk in confident, pick up the bottle,  do a self assured hair toss and read the dosage, blah blah, blah...

Glance at the warnings as I turn to head the the regis....SCREEEEEEECHHH!!  WHOA! Back that truck up... I look at the bottle "Children's Name Brand Inserted Here" All Day Allergy.  Incredulously, I go back to the warnings...


When using this product:
  • Drowsiness may occur - lord I hope so, I think all of us will do shots of this stuff tonight!
  • Avoid Alcoholic Drinks - ummm, who are they talking to...Drew Barrymore when she was in E.T.?!!!
  • Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness - am I supposed to give her this with a Mai Tai something?
  • Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery - I don't know what kind of motor vehicles or machinery your 2nd grader is using, I was under the impression the heaviest thing they were operating was a #2 pencil!
Defeated, confused and wary I consult with the pharmist again, who of course remembers my lameness from a couple of days ago, pats me on the shoulder and says it will all be fine.


Well I'm glad you think so lady.


*sigh*  I still have alot to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment